Thursday, December 2, 2010

Faceless Love Saga 2: Our First and Last Family Dinner

I can't remember what I was upset about. I know my day sucked because I had an argument with my best friend again. Maybe that's why he thought of trying to turn my day around. He took us out to dinner to a Persian restaurant. It's been a while since we had a dine out that has nothing to do with work or someone's special occasion. It was simply a gesture of affection. What makes it more special is that it was our first date as a family: me, my husband and our baby.

So, we ate flat bread, keema, and kebab while drowning them in the spicy yogurt sauce. It took so long to deliver the food and it took so little time to finish them. We mopped the extra sauce on our plates and sat back sighing.

Wow, it's been a while since my husband dated me. It's been a while since I last ate Persian food. It's been a while since I last felt... full. I was pretty sure that our baby liked it too.

Little did I know that our baby's tiny heart had already stopped beating weeks ago. Little did I know that our first family dinner was the start of our last few hours together.Two nights after, I learned it was our last family dinner with the brave one who gave way. I'm glad we were able to take him out, at least even once.

No comments:

Post a Comment