Thursday, September 23, 2010

#8: The Sorry Entry

I Apologize

I was too scared.
Too scared of lack.
Lack of time, lack of money,
Lack of words, lack of energy.
Though I never thought of
Lacking you someday.
I should've chosen to give,
Laugh without worries,
Even just for a night.
Now, you are behind that glass
And in a faraway cradle.
Either way,
I won't be able to
buy you coffee anymore
and see that thrilled smile.
Not ever.



In a shaded sidewalk, a woman sits crying, looking far at the trail of people in black. A gentleman passes byE/FONT>




Man: Ma'am, can I be of help? Are you ok?
Woman: No.
Man: I'm sorry for your lossEas that your parent?
Woman: No.
Man: Your friend?
Woman: No.
Man: Was that your husband?
Woman: No.
Man: Who is that person in your life then?
Woman: No one.
 Man: Then why are you crying?
Woman: Because now I will never know who that person can be for me.

Then the man looked at the disappearing trail of black people, sat with her, and silently cried.



No comments:

Post a Comment