Thursday, November 11, 2010

#15: How Do You Produce 12.5K in 7 Days?

Disclaimer: I'm sorry for the raw and unliterary way I composed this but this story has to be told through numbers. Pardon me as well if I'm gonna spill my financial guts to you but I'm not here to induce pity (though I can't blame you if you do). I just discovered that our resources may not be found in the numbers from our ATM slip. Note how I repeatedly used the word "suddenly". I don't expect you to readily make any sense out of it. Who said miracles are easy to figure out anyway?
Situation Background: September 14 My short film will be aired later and the interview just finished. They said I'm gonna get an honorarium for airing my short film. Asa pa ako kung makuha ko agad yun.
September 15 - Deadline of rent                        4,800
September 21 - Deadline of insurance premium     8,000
Bank account as of Sept 14                              1,000
Great... Umpisahan na ang karera!
Timeline:
Sept 14   my company was suddenly able to pay 50% of allowance it owes us for August. We received                                      4,000
Cash on Hand                                                      800
Bank Acct                                                        1,000
Sept 15 we paid rent (yey!1st lap!)                   -4,800
Cash on Hand                                                      500
Bank Acct                                                          700
Sept 16  status quo
Sept 17 We suddenly received long overdue allowance from worship department                                                                 2,500

Tithes for company allowance                            -400
Tithes for dept allowance                                  -250
                                                                   -650
                                                      2,500 - 650 =     1,850                                       
                                 Cash On Hand                  300
Amount Raised for Insurance Premium                 1,500
Sept 18 status quo but broadcast company suddenly called telling me I can get my 3,000 honorarium tomorrow. Akalain mo!
Sept 19 received honorarium from BC                  3,000
Hubby suddenly gets called for gig!
...and received a fee of                                    2,000
                             -load and other expenses      -500
                                                                                    1,500
                       Amount raised for Insurance           6,000 (2,000 to go!)
Sept 20 We suddenly received our fee for a finished project in the company                                                        2,500
Total Cash the day before the 8,000 deadline       8,500        
Sept 21 Was able to pay our rent and insurance premium in 7 days.
Finish Line! May allowance pa!
And something extra: By the way, a day after, our church friend told us some anonymous being wants to sponsor P500 worth of our groceries. We haven't been telling anyone about this race we're in but I guess the Lord spoke to that gracious being to shoulder our week's food. How unbelievable is that?
So how do you raise 12.5K in 7 days?
I don't know. But it will happen if the Financier knows you need it. Are you really asking the Lord to be more real and closer to you? 
Brace yourself.
You just bought a ticket to the most terrifying yet most thrilling ride of your life. It's soooo good, it feels like flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment